- When we learn that God is with us, we want to follow (Exodus 4:29-31).
- How do you think the Israelites felt when they heard this great news?
- How do we and our loved ones feel when we hear the news of God’s grace?
- When we are going through hard times we don’t want to follow (5:21; 6:8-9).
- How did they allow their difficulties to rob them of their faith and hope?
- What should we do when we allow our difficulties to rob us of our faith and hope?
- We follow when we know the seriousness of God’s commands (12:21-22, 28).
- How had God convinced the Israelites to carefully follow His Passover commands?
- What would be a modern parallel of an Israelite who didn’t bother to obey?
- What will it take for us to be fully convinced to do all we can to save our children?
- When we see the power of God we follow where He leads (14:21-22).
- How amazing was God’s display for the people of Israel on that night?
- How amazing was God’s display for us on the morning of the resurrection?
- What motivates you to follow even when it seems impossible to do so?
- Grumbling about problems keeps us from following (16:2-3; 17:3-4).
- Why would they grumble against a God who had done so many amazing things?
- Why do we grumble instead of following our amazing God?
Call to Action: To purposely follow God even in times of personal trial.