- Paul lets the church know that Christ had given him a purpose (v.24-25).
- How can we fill up what was lacking in the suffering of Christ?
- What stewardship has been given to us to make the word fully known?
- What have we been doing to make the word of God more fully known?
- The age-long mystery is absolutely filled with purpose (v.26-27).
- What does ‘Christ in you, the hope of glory’ reveal to your life?
- How is ‘Christ in you, the hope of glory’ enriching the lives of ‘potential brethren?’
- What does this passage tell us about the Christian’s purpose?
- Our purpose involves maturing others by proclaiming Christ (v.28).
- How does our being close to Jesus motivate us to call others to Him? (John 1:35-42)
- What happens to the people who are close to Jesus? (Mark 3:13-15)
- Why does our purpose continue on even after people are brought to Jesus? (v.28)
- We struggle and work with all His powerful energy (v.29).
- Who would describe your life as one of toiling and struggling for Christ?
- Why is ‘getting saved’ not a biblical purpose for the Christian life?
- How can we allow Christ to more powerfully work through us? (Romans 2:4)
Call to Action: To be motivated by and loyal to our purpose in Christ.