- Ten older brothers had good reason to feel the weight of guilt (37:17-35).
- How could you sell your little brother as a slave to your cousins ?
- How could you stand to see your father’s tears because of your actions and your lies?
- They had suffered with their own guilt for over 20 years (42:13-24).
- What could they have done to rid themselves of their guilt? (I John 1:8-10)
- What can we do to rid ourselves of our guilt? (James 5:16)
- They were terrified when they realized who Joseph was (45:3-15).
- Why would they be terrorized when they saw their brother as a ruler of Egypt?
- How can we protect our hearts from the terror of guilt?
- How have we allowed our guilt to terrorize us?
- After 17 years of forgiveness and favor they still felt guilt (50:15-18).
- What good reasons did they have to accept Joseph’s forgiveness?
- What good reasons do we have to accept God’s forgiveness? (Romans 5:6-11)
- God always strives to save us from our own guilt (50:19-21).
- What assurance does God make available to you? (Hebrews 8:12)
- Do you have the assurance that God wants you to have? (I John 5:13)
Call to Action: To purposely allow God to free you from your self-imposed guilt.