I CORINTHIANS 6:12-20
- Because the body is for the Lord, we should choose no other master (v.12-13).
- How is Paul using their own words to teach them?
- What will protect you from being mastered?
- Because we will be raised from death, we should be morally pure (v.14).
- How should the coming resurrection motivate us toward purity?
- How strongly do you believe in a coming resurrection?
- Because our body is for the Lord, we should give it to no one else (v.15-17).
- How completely joined to Christ are you?
- How does your bond with Christ protect you from immorality?
- What will help you to be truly one with Christ in spirit?
- Because some sins are so bad, we need to run from them (v.18).
- Of all the sins in scripture, why run from this one?
- What will make it easier for you to run from fornication?
- Because our body is God’s temple, we honor God with our bodies (v.19-20).
- How should the presence of God motivate our behavior?
- How should our purchase by God motivate our behavior?
Call to Action: To behave in ways that show that our body belongs to God.