- The background for the feast of dedication is found in Daniel 11:29-35.
- What can we learn about God’s sustaining and strengthening care for His people?
- What can we learn from the one day of oil that lasted for eight days? (Kislev 25)
- The 4th century dating of Christmas is tied to the dating of His death.
- Why would the Greeks celebrate the crucifixion on April 6 instead of March 25?
- Why tie the events of Luke 1:26-38 to the crucifixion?
- Jesus in John 10 is celebrating a feast that is not in scripture (v. 22-24).
- What good reasons would Jesus have for celebrating a traditional holiday?
- What good reasons do we have for celebrating a traditional holiday?
- Jesus spoke the truth plainly to those celebrating with Him (v.25-33).
- Why would Jesus share truths that would confront celebrating people?
- In what ways should we be sharing truth with celebrating neighbors?
- Jesus carefully explained His teaching to those who would not listen (v.34-39).
- Why would Jesus continue sharing truth with those who tried to kill Him?
- How did Jesus use Psalm 82:6 to illuminate His ministry?
- How can we use the scriptures to illuminate the teaching of Christ?
Call to Action: To stand forth as lights in the season of lights.