- The eternal purpose of God is accomplished in Christ Jesus (v.10-11).
- How has the church been able to make known the eternal purpose of God?
- How amazed and sobered are you by your role in the eternal purpose of God?
- The eternal purpose of God was first announced to Abraham (Genesis 12:2-3)
- How was the promise clarified to Jacob (Genesis 28:14)?
- How are you a part of the innumerable descendants of Jacob? (John 1:51)
- Israel repeatedly sang Psalms about God’s purpose (Psalm 22:27, 30-31).
- How would Israel inherit the rest of the nations (Psalm 2:8)?
- How do you think Jesus felt when He sang Psalm 118:17 at the supper?
- What do these psalms stir up in your heart and awaken in your will?
- The prophets announced the eternal purpose of God (Isaiah 2:2-3, 5).
- How are the words of these prophets applicable to the eternal purpose of God? (Daniel 2:44; Malachi 1:11 & Isaiah 53:10b)
- How do these prophets call you to a deeper devotion to the task of Christ?
- The eternal purpose of God involves us continuing to live out John 14:9.
- What had Philip seen in the character of Christ to make this question unnecessary?
- What needs to change in our lives so that people will say Acts 4:13 about us?
Call to Action: To devote our whole lives to the eternal purpose of God?