- For hope to exist, there must be some foundation assuring it (v.1).
- How does our faith provide proof for our hope (Acts 17:31)
- How does our faith connect us to our anchor? (Hebrews 6:19)
- How is your hope being strengthened by the assurance provided by faith?
- Our assuring faith remains unseen (v.1).
- What is wrong with our attempts to provide our own assurance? (Isaiah 50:10-11)
- How consistently are you walking by faith and not by sight? (II Corinthians 5:7)
- People of faith have always been commended for their trust in the unseen (v.2).
- How could Abraham have trusted in the unseen God so completely? (Genesis 15:6)
- How can we be blessed by trusting in the unseen? (John 20:29)
- Believers know that the universe was formed by God (v.3a).
- How does the creation help us to grow in our faith? (Psalm 19:1-4)
- How does the creation of life help us to grow in our faith? (Psalm 139:13-14)
- Believers know that what we see was created from something invisible (v.3b).
- How can we know that the science of creation disproves the philosophy of evolution?
- Why must creation be the result of the invisible, spoken word of God?
- How can and does this understanding under-gird our faith and our hope?
Call to Action: To allow the proof of faith to develop life-changing hope in God.