- The high priest had to be holy to offer a sacrifice for the people (v.11-14).
- Why would the high priest need to offer a sacrifice for His sins?
- How is our sacrifice superior to theirs? (II Corinthians 5:21)
- The forgiveness of sins requires a blood sacrifice (v.15-19).
- What is the logic behind a blood sacrifice? (17:14)
- How do these blood sacrifices apply to us? (Hebrews 9:22; I Peter 1:18-19)
- The rejected sacrifice carried away our sins (v.20-22).
- What do you think of as the scapegoat is led away from the camp?
- Why is it important that we go to Jesus “outside the camp?” (Hebrews 13:12-13)
- To what extent are you willing to go outside the camp to stand with Christ?
- Those sacrificing must be clean for service (v.23-34).
- What responsibilities for cleanliness fall to priests and servants of God?
- What can we do to make sure that we are clean for God’s service?
- We have been cleansed for service by Christ’s sacrifice (Hebrews 10:1-10).
- What assurance is available to us because of our true and sufficient sacrifice?
- How does the sacrifice of Jesus declare the righteousness of God? (Rom. 3:25-26).
- How sure are you that you are covered by God’s gracious sacrifice?
Call to Action: To share the good news of being covered by the blood of Christ.