- Jesus had a relationship with His disciples that allowed Him to sleep (v. 35-36).
- In what ways do trusting relationships make it easier for us to have peace?
- Do you have the kind of close friendships that allow you to be at peace?
- A furious storm with huge waves was not able to disturb His sleep (v.37).
- If you had been in the midst of this serious storm, how would you have felt?
- What kinds of emotional storms have you faced that made it hard for you to sleep?
- Others mistook His ability to sleep as a demonstration of unconcern (v.38).
- What is wrong with trying to keep up a pretense of always being busy?
- If the ability to sleep through a storm does not demonstrate a lack of concern, what does it show?
- Jesus shows that God has power over any storms we might face (v.39).
- What did these actions of Jesus demonstrate to His disciples then –and to us?
- How does your outlook change when you realize that Jesus can calm any storm?
- Fear and a lack of faith make us unable to sleep through a storm (v.40).
- “Why are you afraid?”
- “Do you still have no faith?”
- “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey Him! (v.41).
- How do you describe this One who controls the storms of life?
- What response will you make to this One who controls the storms of life?
Lesson Aim: To have a depth of faith that allows real rest during our own storms.