II CORINTHIANS 5:1-5
- We know that we have an eternal heavenly home (v.1).
- What is the source of our heavenly home? (John 14:1-4)
- How does our hope overcome any fears of this life?
- While here, we groan longingly for our heavenly home (v.2).
- How strongly are we desiring our heavenly home?
- How do our actions and choices show the level of that desire?
- Our eternal home will clothe us (v.3).
- Why would eternity be described as clothing our nakedness? (I Cor. 15:50-54)
- How do our decisions change when we see this physical body as temporary clothing?
- The coming eternal life swallows up this life (v.4).
- What burdens here cause us to temporarily groan?
- How real is ‘the life’ that is coming?
- How strongly do we desire that life for all those we love?
- The Holy Spirit guarantees our hope in what is to come (v.5).
- In what way is the Spirit a guaranteeing deposit for our eternal life?
- How has God already worked/prepared us for this new life?
- How is that ‘guaranteeing hope’ motivating your choices?
Call to Action: To focus our choices on the coming life that is real.